On December 31, 2019, Whatsapp had stopped working on lots of devices. On February 1, 2020, it is also going to stop working on further millions of mobile phones. WhatsApp is a Facebook-owned messaging app and nowadays, it is very popular among people all around the world. Millions of people are using it in interacting with each other. If this mobile app stopped working on these millions of mobile phones, they have to face lots of problems in interacting with the people. Here, we will discuss how and in which devices Whatsapp will stop working from February 1, 2020.
According to news, it is expected that strict action will be taken by Whatsapp. As a result, it will stop working on millions of mobile phones. First of all, it will stop working on those iPhones which have installed older software. According to current news, if you are using an iPhone which has software older than IOS 7, Whatsapp will stop working on this iPhone. In a similar way, WhatsApp will also stop working on some android devices. The android devices which are using version 2.3.7 will also not be able to get access to WhatsApp features.
Which Phones Will Not Work?
As we have discussed earlier that Whatsapp is a very popular messaging app among the people and they are worried about. That’s a common question comes to mind of all the people that which phones will not work. The answer to this question is given below by coursework writers after conducting detailed research;
- The last iPhones that were released with the operating system IOS 7 were iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C and these iPhones were released in 2013. After that iPhone had released its new version in 2014 and in this version, they have used IOS 8 operating system. It means that if you are using an iPhone which is released in 2013 or before 2013, Whatsapp will stop working on your iPhone. On the other hand, if you are using such an iPhone which was released in 2014 or after 2014, you can enjoy all the features of Whatsapp.
- In 2010, a new Android operating system was launched and it is known as Gingerbread and its version is 2.3.7. It means that if you are using such android phones that were released in 2010 or after 2010, Whatsapp will stop working on your phone. In 2011, a new operating system for the android phones under the name of Honeycomb was introduced and its version is 3.0. It means that if you are using such an android phone which was introduced in 2011 or after 2011, you can enjoy all the features of Whatsapp.
- Windows mobile phones are also older because these phones were introduced in 2003 and these phones were launched till 2010. Therefore, Whatsapp will also stop working on these mobile phones.
- According to the Whatsapp, if you are using one of these older mobile phones, Whatsapp will stop working on your mobile phone. It means that you will not be able to create a new account and you will also not be able to re-verify your existing Whatsapp account.
- Whatsapp has also told us the reason about this update. According to Whatsapp, in order to support this app in these older mobile phones, they have to make regular updates and it is difficult for them to make updates for these older mobile phones.
When Does Whatsapp Stop Working On These Mobile Phones?
Whatsapp is asking to its users that if they want to use this app, they will have to keep up-to-date mobile phones. That’s why Whatsapp is regularly stopping the work of its app on older mobile phones. First of all, Whatsapp stopped working on Nokia Symbian S60 on June 30, 2017. In the similar year, on December 31, 2017, Whatsapp had also stopped working on Blackberry 0S and Blackberry 10. Thirdly, Whatsapp stopped working on Nokia S10 on December 31, 2018. Fourthly, they had stopped working on the Windows mobiles on December 31, 2019. Nowadays, Whatsapp has decided to stop working on IOS 7 and Android 2.3.7. For this reason, Whatsapp regularly takes an overview of the latest versions of mobile phones and it takes some strict actions against the users of older mobile phones. For this reason, Whatsapp stops its functionality on these mobile phones. That’s why if you want to keep in touch with your loved ones by using Whatsapp, it is necessary for you to keep an up-to-date version of the mobile phones. Otherwise, you will have to face some problems.